In the cycling community, one often hears tales of trails that stretch for miles and miles, but the Tyler Draw trail in Pinedale, Wyoming tells a different, albeit enchanting, story. Despite its seemingly short span, this trail promises an exhilarating experience, urging cyclists for one more loop.
- Distance: 6 mi
- Level: Very Easy
- Route type: Loop
- City: Pinedale
- State: Wyoming
A Close Look at Tyler Draw
Winding through Tyler Draw, the entire trail is a singletrack, delivering a pump-track sensation. Characterized by:
- Swoops, drops, banks, and berms that make the ride exhilarating.
- A choice of few trail variations, suggesting that riders stay within the draw to navigate effortlessly.
- An iconic pair of trees that serve as trail markers, with the 2nd Cottonwood tree signaling a climb up and out of the draw, which then gently leads back to the beginning of the trail on doubletrack.
Directions to the Trailhead
To embark on this journey, follow these directions:
- From Pinedale, head down South Tyler Ave which soon becomes the Mesa road.
- Roughly 4.5 miles from Pinedale, just beyond the cattleguard on the road, marks the trail's beginning.
Riders' Takes on Tyler Draw
- "Although the trail lies within a drainage, making it susceptible to sandy spots and wear, the unique singletrack on the mesa stands out."
- "The proximity to Pinedale makes it an easily accessible venture for all riding levels. Despite signs of dirt bike activity, the trail remains largely undamaged, with sandy and loose rock patches that don’t hinder the ride."
- "The trail’s nature feels like a flow track during descent, and for many, the route feels more like an 'out and back' rather than a loop. To locate the trail, it’s advisable to follow the driving directions to the trailhead and descend into the bottom of the draw."
- "Updates over the years, notably by MXers, have pushed the trail further down the draw, enhancing its appeal. Review updated 5/15/2012"
- "It’s a trail that's equally exhilarating, whether one's going uphill or down."
In summation, Tyler Draw isn’t just any other trail; it’s an experience, compressed into 6 miles, offering a mix of thrilling descents and invigorating climbs. The trail’s unique character, combined with its close proximity to Pinedale, makes it a must-ride for cyclists visiting Wyoming.