Moab, Utah, a city synonymous with mountain biking, introduces riders to its iconic landscapes with the Bar M Circuit. This trail network epitomizes Moab's diverse terrains, offering novices and seasoned riders an immersive experience through slick rocks, undulating terrains, and panoramic vistas of the Arches.
- Distance: 15 mi
- Level: Intermediate
- Route Type: Network
- Location: Moab, Utah
Delving into the Bar M Circuit
The recommended starting point for this trail system is the parking area of the Bar M Chuckwagon. Following the signs, ride the loop counter-clockwise, encompassing Bar M, Bar B, Rockin'A, and culminating with Circle O. Throughout the ride, signs and paint on the rocks guide riders seamlessly.
- Sidewinder: This 1.5-mile intermediate trail acts as a pleasant detour from the Moab Canyon Pathway. Riding it downhill offers a rewarding experience with decent down-slopes and a slick-rock climb. Ideal when heading back to the city.
- Killer Bee: Contrary to the daunting tales, Killer Bee offers steep slick rock terrains and challenging switchbacks. But, with focus and skill, riders can navigate the entirety of this trail.
- Rockin' A and Circle O: The slick rock terrains here are a favorite, serving as an introduction to what Moab offers in terms of rock riding.
Riders from various backgrounds have expressed their love for this trail system:
- A perfect start in Moab with a variety of terrains, ideal for first-timers and those wanting to experience slick rock riding.
- While primarily suited for beginners and intermediates, the trail does require full concentration. Carry ample water as shade is sparse.
- The park is expansive, offering riders of varying expertise a choice of trails. Spend an entire day exploring the different sections.
- Though some riders feel a few trails lack challenges, the panoramic views make up for it.
- The trail design ensures a harmonious blend of flow and rocky sections, ideal for families seeking a balanced ride.
- The loops offer flexibility for riders, be it for a quick thrash or warming up for more challenging rides in Moab.
Getting to Bar M Circuit
Venturing north from Moab on highway 191, around the 11-mile mark, look for signs indicating Bar M Chuckwagon. A right turn will lead riders to a gravel parking lot, marking the beginning of this memorable ride.
The Bar M Circuit encapsulates the essence of Moab's mountain biking. Whether it's the challenge of the slick rocks, the tranquillity of the undulating trails, or the magnificent views of the Arches, this trail network promises an experience that resonates with every rider's soul.