Tucked within the scenic Garden of the Gods park, Ute Trail offers a smooth and forgiving terrain, perfect for those dipping their toes into the world of mountain biking. Located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, this 5-mile network route provides not just a feast for the eyes but also an excellent opportunity for leisurely riding, especially for beginners.
Accessibility and How to Get There
- Getting There: From I-25, exit at Garden of the Gods Rd. Head west and follow the signs to the visitor's center. Parking is available here. Bike down under the highway to enter the park. At the stop-sign intersection within the park, the trail starts on the left side, with signs indicating Ute Trail.
- Distance: 5 miles
- Level: Very Easy
- Route Type: Network
- Terrain: Hard-packed with a few twisty sections
- Elevation: Little change, great for acclimatization
What Cyclists Are Saying
The trail has been celebrated for its easy-going nature and captivating views, making it highly recommended for beginners or tourists eager to explore the Garden of the Gods. According to riders:
- Perfect for a dry day with a flawless track.
- The place can get touristy, so watch out for hikers and horseback riders.
- Excellent for family rides, especially during less busy hours.
- Some riders found it less technical but great for leisure rides and incredible views.
- Suitable for night rides if you have a headlight.
Extra Tips and Highlights
- Cardio Boost: Despite its 'easy' label, Ute Trail is great for slow-paced cardio buildup for newbies.
- Connectivity: The trail connects to several other routes for those seeking a bit more adventure.
- Crowd Factor: Best enjoyed during weekdays or early mornings to avoid tourist rush.
- Scenery: The breathtaking rock formations and picturesque vistas make this more than just a cycling route.
Whether you're a seasoned cyclist or just beginning, Ute Trail offers something for everyone—majestic views, manageable terrains, and an ideal setting for a peaceful ride. While it may not satisfy adrenaline junkies looking for technical challenges, it more than compensates with its natural beauty and accessibility.So if you're near Colorado Springs and are looking for a quick but scenic ride, or you're new to the sport and are looking for a comfortable start, Ute Trail is the place to be.