At the heart of Marietta, Ohio, the Colgate Drive Loop unfolds, offering a unique 7-mile cycling experience set against the city's urban backdrop. Tailored for intermediate cyclists, this trail isn't just about tracing a set path. It’s about blending the adventure of road miles with the rhythm of singletrack to curate a distinct in-town ride.
Embarking on the Loop
Commencing the Ride
Kick off this urban adventure beside the Subway restaurant situated at the intersection of 7th Street and Glendale Rd. From here, tackle the brief incline behind the store, eventually spilling onto a blacktop road. A short left turn guides cyclists to the woodland trail on the opposite side.
- Initiate with a steep hill climb, followed by a right turn into the woods.
- Persevere through intersections, making crucial turns as described:
- Traverse straight through the next intersection.
- Commit to a right turn at the last.
- Emerge onto Glendale Rd. Proceed through a stoplight, and barely 100 feet ahead, a field trail beckons on the right.
- Concluding the field trail, the journey continues downhill on a blacktop road, spiraling right at its base.
- Navigating a sequence of left and right turns leads cyclists to Green St., which guides them towards 7th St.
- With a final right turn at the Glendale Rd. intersection, and a subsequent left near McDonald's, cyclists will find themselves back at the journey's onset beside Subway.
Marietta houses two key sections of this trail. One extends from Colgate Drive, near the Glendale Road intersection, all the way to the Norwood section of the city. The alternate section commences beside the Subway restaurant off 7th Street and Glendale Rd. For easy identification, it's just a turn away from McDonald's and greets cyclists at the next stop sign.
- In-Town Marvel: Marietta proudly flaunts an array of splendid singletracks that weave seamlessly throughout the town, rendering each ride memorable.
- Trail Craftsmanship: With the River Valley Mountain Bike Association (RVMBA) at the helm, Marietta's trails are a product of innovative greenscape utilization, transforming urban spaces into delightful singletracks.
- Mapping the Way: For detailed trail maps, head over to RVMBA.COM and locate the dedicated link for Marietta Trails on the homepage.
- Post-Ride Chill: Once the tires stop rolling, make a pit-stop at Marietta Brewing Co. on Front St. Remember to give a shoutout to Kevin and mention that RVMBA sent the recommendation!