Quick Facts: Get the Skinny Before the Ride
- Distance: 10 miles
- Level: Intermediate
- Route type: Loop
- City: Draper, Utah
Introduction: An Oasis in the Valley
A cycling gem right in the valley? Yes, you read that right. Located in Draper, Utah, the Corner Canyon trail system offers a delightful array of terrains fit for intermediate level riders. The trail begins at the Equestrian Center and follows Lower Corner Canyon Road before splitting into an adrenaline-pumping network of options. The most popular among these is the Bonneville Shoreline Trail (BST), characterized by its twisty singletrack and scenic beauty.
Getting There: Kicking Off Your Journey
Begin your adventure at the Equestrian Center located at 1600 East Highland Dr in Draper. Simply follow Lower Corner Canyon Road for about half a mile to get to the trail fork. A handy map at the trailhead will guide your way, so don't worry about getting lost.
Trail Features: A Fun Sampler
Key Points to Navigate
- The Trail Fork: After approximately 0.5 miles on Lower Corner Canyon Road, the trail forks. Stick to the right to access the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.
- Into the Brush: 0.1 miles later, bear left into the brush, and you'll notice the trail becomes a winding singletrack.
- Important Turn: An easy-to-miss left turn at a small drainage stream is crucial to stay on course. Failure to do so will lead to a cul de sac often used as an alternative parking lot.
- T-Crossing: The winding singletrack eventually leads to a T-crossing where you can choose between 'Jacob's Ladder' to the left or continue on 'Bonneville Shoreline Trail' to the right.
What to Expect on the Ride
- Terrain: Varied, from smooth singletrack to bits of technical terrain.
- View: Mike Weir Drive is mostly visible on your right throughout the ride.
- Additional Exits: The BST offers several exit points if you decide to cut your ride short.
Rider’s Notes: Tips from Those Who’ve Ridden
The ride offers both fast, open sections of downhill and some sweet cross-country elements. Being this close to the valley, it serves as an excellent option for those looking for a quick yet fulfilling ride.
Final Thoughts: A Must-Ride in Draper
The Corner Canyon trail system is an epitome of convenience and fun. Its proximity to the valley and the variety it offers makes it an ideal choice for intermediate riders. So grab your bike and make a dash for this loop trail that promises not just miles but smiles.