The Trails Above Park City: A Versatile Network for Every Rider
Biking through Utah's picturesque landscapes is more than a recreational activity; it's an adventure. And when it comes to Park City, the Mountain Resort/Old Town area is an essential stop.
Unraveling the Trails
For those unfamiliar, this vast area is conveniently located just above the town of Park City. While chairlifts and shuttles offer easy access, it's essential to note that these are not downhill-specific trails. Instead:
- Multi-use and two-way dynamics require alertness for oncoming traffic during descents.
- An array of terrains awaits: from chunky gnar and buff trails to switchbacks, berms, and aspen groves.
- The unique soil compositions, varying between gravelly-sandy mixtures, promise diverse experiences.
- Breathtaking views punctuate the rides, reminding riders of the beauty of Park City.
This area promises enough cycling action to keep riders engaged for an entire week!
In the Riders' Words
- The journey is mostly fun, albeit with some sections of straight double track that can be less thrilling.
- John's Trail is particularly notable for its dense aspen forest, filled with twists, turns, and challenging narrow gaps. But the reward? Descending approximately 500 feet in less than two miles and landing near downtown Park City.
- Elevation is a consistent theme; it's a challenge but also an element of allure.
- While most trails seem apt for descending, uphill enthusiasts aren't left behind. There are moderate climbs with minimal tech features.
- Several trails, like the CMG or Spiro, promise thrilling descents, and for those looking for a comfortable climb, the likes of Mid Mountain Trail beckon.
- On the challenge spectrum, everyone from advanced to sub-intermediate finds their place. All it requires is a bit of planning with a Park City Summer Map to optimize the journey.
Key Trail Insights
- Distance: 100 mi
- Level: Intermediate
- Route Type: Network
- City: Park City
- State: Utah
In essence, the Park City Mountain Resort/Old Town area is not just about biking. It's about experiencing Park City's essence, challenging oneself, and emerging with memories etched against a backdrop of spectacular views. Whether seeking thrill or tranquility, every cyclist finds a trail that resonates with their spirit.