Park City IMBA Epic Ride Review
Nestled in the majestic mountains of Park City, Utah, the Park City IMBA Epic ride stands out as an unparalleled biking adventure. This 26-mile loop takes cyclists on a ride that will challenge their endurance and reward their efforts with breathtaking views.
Journey Through the Trail
- Starting from the Park City Mountain Resort car park, kick off the journey on the Silver Spur Trail. Within a short span, a connecting path leads to the Armstrong Trail. Clearly marked signages guide the way, ensuring a hassle-free ride.
- Armstrong Trail, designed as a one-way climbing route for bikes, offers a steady ascent for 4 miles, culminating at Pinecone.
- The true test of stamina begins with a 4-mile climb up to the crest of the range. By this point, riders have ascended almost 3000 feet, a testament to the trail's challenging nature.
- The Wasatch Crest trail spans 12 miles, undulating atop the mountain range, eventually leading to the Ridge Connector. The subsequent descent on Ambush and then Holly's Trail ushers riders to Canyons Village.
- To complete this epic journey, simply follow the road back to the starting point.
Experience Along the Way
- The panoramic views at the crest, revealing the vast expanse of Utah's landscape, are unparalleled.
- Throughout the ride, cyclists will have the opportunity to traverse a myriad of trails, offering a sampling of what the mountains have to offer.
- Various sections, such as the sporadic rock gardens along the crest, will test one's biking skills, though nothing overly technical.
- A note of caution: the trail segment known as 'the spine' can be challenging, prompting many to opt for walking their bikes.
- Commence the adventure from the Park City Mountain Resort car park.
- Ensure ample provisions, including snacks and water. And don't forget to pack a camera to capture the scenic beauty.
- Given the high altitude and constant undulations, the ride can be exhausting. Proper acclimatization and preparation are key.
- While the ascent offers a challenging yet smooth ride, some riders have found the descent slightly underwhelming, with its bumpy and chattery nature.
- Distance: 26 mi
- Level: Difficult
- Route type: Loop
- City: Park City
- State: Utah
In essence, the Park City IMBA Epic ride is not just about fun; it's a challenge, a conquest. The ride to the crest offers an arduous but rewarding experience, with the panoramic views serving as a worthy prize. Whether it's for the challenge, the views, or the sheer love of biking, this trail promises an adventure worth every pedal.