Welcome to North Shore Trail, a legendary biking trail that runs along the north shoreline of Lake Grapevine in Grapevine, Texas. A trail that sees an average of 800 bikers per week, this 22.5-mile mecca of mountain biking is known for its diverse terrain and multi-skill level routes. Whether you're an intermediate rider or a seasoned pro looking for a challenge, North Shore has something to offer.
- Murrell Park MADD Shelter: Free entry. Located off FM 2499 and FM 3040. Google Maps recommended for directions.
- Lakeside: Free entry. Address: Edgmere Road.
- Boy Scout Camping Area: Free entry. Address: 2908 North Park Drive.
- Twin Coves Park: Fee to enter. Address: Twin Coves Park Rd.
- Rockledge Park: Fee to enter. Address: 3600 Pilot Point, Grapevine, TX 76051.
East Side Loops (1-4)
Starting east from the MADD Shelter, these loops cater to intermediate riders. The terrain is mostly loose over hardpack with occasional rocky sections. You'll encounter:
- Short and manageable climbs
- Fun descents
- A handful of jumps and drops
West Side Loops (5-7)
For those seeking a technical challenge, the West side is your playground. Known for its rock gardens, this side will test your bike handling skills. Key features include:
- More challenging climbs and descents
- Technical rock gardens
- Advanced route options
Trail Markings and Navigation
- Exceptionally well-marked
- Multiple loop combinations
- Information available at MADD shelter trailhead kiosk
- Diverse Terrain: From flowy singletracks to gnarly rock gardens, there's a bit of everything.
- Well-Maintained: Riders have noted the trail is impeccably kept.
- Community Love: Local and visiting riders alike have high praise for this trail.
- Crowded: Being the most popular trail in the metroplex, expect company.
- Variable Conditions: Best ridden a few days after rain to avoid sandy patches.
What to Watch Out For
- Speeding bikers and hikers around bends
- Trees and the occasional animal waste
- Fee-based parking at some trailheads
North Shore Trail is the epitome of Texas mountain biking. With its mix of intermediate and technical routes, the trail serves as an incredible playground for riders of all levels. So, saddle up and head out to experience what is undoubtedly one of the best trails not just in Grapevine, but in the entire DFW Metroplex. And remember, always stay safe and respect other trail users!