- Trail System: Part of the Wilkins Peak Trail System
- Distance: 2 miles
- Difficulty Level: Intermediate
- Route Type: Out & Back
- Elevation Gain: 170 feet
- Location: Green River, Wyoming
- Starting/Ending Coordinates: Starting: N41 29.866 W109 24.985, Ends: N41 29.420 W109 24.907
To start your journey on Draino Trail, make your way to the coordinates N41 29.866 W109 24.985. The trail concludes at Pick Your Poison with coordinates N41 29.420 W109 24.907.
Sectors to Note:
- Initial 0.4 miles: High exposure and technical sections.
- Mile 0.73: Pause for remarkable views of the Green River.
- Mile 2.10: Crossing a two-track dirt road.
- End of Trail: Junction to Pick Your Poison.
Draino Trail offers a mixed bag of technical intricacies, scenic landscapes, and a moderate level of difficulty that caters well to intermediate riders. The trail starts with a challenging 0.4-mile segment, showcasing spots of high exposure and technical turns. However, those who are not fans of technical riding can breathe easy as the trail transitions into smoother terrains coupled with breathtaking views of the Green River and deep canyons.
What Makes Draino Special
Why You Should Ride:
- Fantastic Views: Lush perspectives of the Green River and surrounding canyons.
- Low Elevation Gain: A manageable 170 feet makes this trail accessible.
- Versatility: Ride it in both directions for a different experience.
- Local Support: Built and maintained by the dedicated Sweetwater Mountain Bike Association.
- Accessibility: Easily combined with other trails in the Wilkins Peak System.
- Dual Perspective: "Riding the trail in both directions offers two different but equally amazing experiences."
- Part of a System: "Best enjoyed when connected with other trails in the Wilkins Peak System."
- Intermediate Challenges: "Though generally easy, the exposure sections add a welcome challenge."
Draino Trail serves as an ideal pathway for cyclists looking for a moderate challenge with plenty of room to breathe in the vistas. Well-suited for intermediate riders, this 2-mile stretch is a fantastic addition to the Wilkins Peak Trail System, allowing for extra mileage and a diverse riding experience. For those interested in more information, check out the Sweetwater Mountain Bike Association's Facebook page or download maps from the Green River, WY Chamber of Commerce webpage. Highly recommended for those seeking a balanced, scenic ride.