Nestled in the charming town of Milford, Michigan, the Milford Trail offers an exciting cycling experience for both beginners and seasoned riders. With its impressive flow and quick drying capabilities post-rain, this trail stands out as one of the highlights in the Milford area. Known to be part of the annual "Milford Challenge" MCMBA fundraiser, it seamlessly integrates with other trails like Highland, Island Lake, Hickory Glenn, Kensington, and Proud Lake to deliver a total of 100 miles.
- Distance: 7 miles
- Level: Intermediate
- Route type: Loop
- City: Milford
- State: Michigan
- Terrain & Flow: The Milford Trail is renowned for its quick pace and rewarding descents, making excellent use of the local terrain. Whether it's the punchy climbs or the smooth, flowing sections, riders can expect a balanced mix of challenges and relaxation.
- Trail Features: Expect tight singletrack sections interspersed with occasional technical features, giving the trail its distinctive intermediate level character. While the trail might lack some of the more aggressive downhills or climbs that some seasoned riders crave, its fun, meandering route, intertwined with the paved Milford Trail, YMCA, and little league baseball fields, provides a safe and family-friendly ambiance.
- Maintenance & Updates: Kudos to the regular maintenance, the trail has seen significant improvements, notably the rerouting to avoid the formerly muddy sections. Recent updates from 2012 and 2013 have also expanded the trail to its current 6 miles.
- Comments & Feedback: Many riders hail the Milford Trail for its fun, intermediate experience. While some more experienced cyclists might yearn for additional technical features or challenging obstacles, most appreciate the trail's balanced nature. Especially for beginners or those looking for a relaxing ride without excessive challenges, the Milford Trail is a top pick.
If you're planning a trip to the Milford Trail, getting there is fairly straightforward:
- Proceed via Milford Rd/Main Street through Milford.
- Turn left/west at Commerce Rd.
- Continue for approximately 1/8 mile till you reach Peters Rd.
- Take a left/south here, and you'll find parking near the baseball diamonds.
Apart from the scenic beauty of the trail itself, its proximity to downtown Milford is another added advantage. Known for being bike-friendly, downtown Milford boasts a plethora of restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and even a fully-equipped bike store. After a rigorous ride, a visit to one of Milford's pubs or breweries could be the perfect way to end the day!
Whether you're a beginner taking your first steps into the world of cycling or a seasoned rider seeking new terrains, the Milford Trail in Michigan promises a memorable ride. So, the next time you're in Michigan, ensure the Milford Trail is on your itinerary!