Amidst the bustling streets of Marietta, Ohio, lies an urban cycling gem - the Kris-Mar Loop. Spanning approximately 12 miles, this trail beautifully interweaves through the city's green spaces, connecting riders to an impressive network of over 20 miles of singletrack. Ideal for those seeking a leisurely yet fulfilling ride, the trail beckons with the promise of both convenience and charm.
The Journey Through Kris-Mar Loop
- Trail Length: A succinct 12 miles
- Level: Very easy, making it accessible even for beginners
- Route: A well-marked loop that allows for multiple customizations
- Start from the Kris-Mar parking lot.
- Take the North Hills Trail and proceed towards the Subway shop.
- Exit onto the road near Subway, turn left past McDonalds, and take another left onto Glendale Rd.
- Follow the Glendale Trail up to the water tank and explore the various loops within Kris Mar Woods.
- Post the loops, head towards Cisler Dr., following it down to a marked point on the map leading towards the High School.
- After a short, steep climb at the school, ride the figure eight around the premise.
- Head down to Colgate Dr. turning right and eventually left at Glendale Rd. North Hills Trail will be located on the right, guiding through a field into the woods behind Washington State College.
- Conclude the loop by revisiting Glendale Rd. and choosing between the vicinity of McDonalds or taking the Glendale Trail for another round in Kris-Mar Woods.
Locating the Trailhead
To kickstart this adventure:
- Head to the Kris-Mar Wood Trailhead situated behind Tractor Supply.
- Drive past Subway, through the lot, past Tractor Supply.
- At the stop sign, turn right and then left into a gravel parking space. An alternate parking option includes the spacious blacktop lot near Tractor Supply.
- City Ride with a Twist: What sets this trail apart is its unique design, enabling cyclists to dive from urban streets into lush green singletracks, allowing a seamless blend of city and nature.
- Versatility: With numerous trail connections within Kris-Mar Woods, riders can customize their journey, looping in various directions.
- Weather: Although great for beginners, it's wise to avoid the trail post-rain, as certain portions become muddy and challenging.
- Trail Expansion: Continuous efforts by RVMBA aim to connect more city trails via singletrack. With a dedicated goal to enhance Marietta's biking infrastructure, new additions to trails like the Frontier Loop in Kris-Mar Woods signify this commitment.
- For the Community: This