Nestled within the expansive Croy Creek Trail System near Bailey, the Hidden Valley Trail offers a secluded six-mile loop that stands apart from its sister trails. Labeled as intermediate, this trail may not feature extreme technical aspects but certainly brims with character and varied terrain.
- Distance: 6 miles
- Level: Intermediate
- Route Type: Loop
- Location: Hailey, Idaho
- Minimal Technical Features: A straightforward trail that doesn't demand specialized skills but rewards attentiveness.
- Varied Terrain: With elements ranging from aspen groves and rocky hillsides to sandy stretches and sagebrush, monotony is not an issue here.
- Gradient: The trail includes some relatively steep climbs but they are manageable and nothing too strenuous.
Navigational Tips and Recommendations
- Counter-Clockwise Direction: Multiple cyclists have recommended tackling the trail in a counter-clockwise direction for an optimized riding experience.
- Combination Rides: For those looking to extend their journey, the trail links up conveniently with the Bullion Connector Trail.
- Aspen Grove: Don't miss the opportunity to weave through the Aspen Grove, a highlight that adds a dash of scenic splendor to the trail.
- A reliable mountain bike
- A repair kit for unforeseen breakdowns
- Adequate hydration and snacks
- A trail map or GPS device for navigation
Directions to Trailhead
To access the Hidden Valley Trail, follow the directions to the Bullion Gulch Road trailhead of the Croy Creek Trail System near Bailey. If parking at this location, expect the trail to extend to approximately 7 miles due to a small repeated section.
Cyclist Reviews and Insights
- "It's a fun loop trail offering a bit of everything: aspen grove, rocky hillside, sandy sections, and trophy-sized sagebrush."
- "The trail can be best enjoyed when combined with other Croy Creek area trails."
- "The initial steep climbs may seem daunting but are manageable and set the tone for a rewarding ride."
With its variegated landscape, manageable gradients, and exceptional flora, Hidden Valley Trail scores high in terms of experience and accessibility. Whether tackled as a standalone loop or in combination with other trails in the Croy Creek System, it offers a versatile and enriching mountain biking adventure.