Nestled against an awe-inspiring backdrop of sandstone mountains and the Green River, this 3.5-acre marvel in Green River, Wyoming, is not just another bike park. Designed by the renowned Nat Lopes of Hilride, Green River Bike Park has rapidly become a staple for mountain biking enthusiasts. Whether you're new to the sport or an experienced rider, the park's array of features and levels guarantees an exciting time on the trails.
- Distance: 2 miles
- Level: Intermediate
- Route Type: Network
- Location: Green River, Wyoming
- Daily Traffic: 30-80 riders on weekdays, over 200 on weekends
Directions to the Bike Park:
- Take Hwy 80, exit 91 for Green River/WY-530/E Flaming Gorge Way.
- Merge onto E Flaming Gorge Way.
- Take the ramp onto Uinta Dr.
- Turn left on Monroe Ave.
- Continue straight as Monroe Ave turns to dirt and enters Stratton-Myers Park.
- Drive to the end of the road and park. The bike park is across the creek, just south of the parking lot.
Features Galore: Pump Tracks to Ladder Bridges
- Pumptrack: A massive area designed for perfecting your pumping technique.
- Dirt Jump Lines: Ranging from beginner to expert, each line promises to elevate your jump game.
- Progressive Drop Zone: Master the art of controlled drops in a safe and progressive manner.
- Elevated Trail: A north shore-style trail complete with ladder bridges for balance and skill practice.
- Jump Trail: For those looking to mix jumps with regular riding, this trail offers an ideal blend.
Rider Testimonials: Social Proof Speaks Volumes
- Skill Building: "The perfect place to enhance tricky balance obstacles and build confidence in taking drops."
- Technical Skills: "An all-encompassing park that fine-tunes your balance and technical skills."
- Challenging Yet Mellow: "The wind can add an extra layer of difficulty, but the separate areas for different skill levels make it a relaxing experience for newcomers."
Tips for an Enjoyable Ride
- Weather Check: Wind can be a challenging factor. Keep an eye on the weather.
- Divide and Conquer: Utilize the park’s separate areas for beginners and experts to maximize your learning curve.
- Iterative Practice: Given the park's layout, you can easily loop through features to dial in your skills.
Green River Bike Park is where skill building, social engagement, and sublime scenery converge. With features catering to riders of varying abilities and a stunning environment to boot, it's no surprise this Wyoming gem sees such heavy traffic. If you're aiming to advance your mountain biking skills, this is an arena that should be on your radar.