Nestled in the heart of Chattanooga, Tennessee, this trail system is a delightful surprise for bikers of all skill levels. Offering four distinct loop trails, each with its own personality and technical features, this trail system beckons both the beginner and the advanced biker. With a total distance of 10 miles, these trails guarantee a fulfilling day in the saddle.
From I-75, take exit 9 towards the Volkswagen plant. Upon reaching the first roundabout, follow the sign that reads 'nature park'. After passing the Welcome Center, make a right onto the scenic loop—a one-way street. The trailhead is situated by the first set of bathrooms you encounter.
- Distance: 2.6 miles
- Level: Intermediate (Red)
- Highlights: Technical features and log crossings
- Distance: 4.5 miles
- Level: Intermediate (Blue)
- Highlights: Jump features and rhythm sections
- Distance: 3 miles
- Level: Beginner (Green)
- Highlights: Easy loop, gradual climb
- Distance: Variable
- Level: Advanced (Black)
- Highlights: Obstacles, climbs and drops
Trail Features and Conditions:
- Well-drained terrain with small rocks lining the trails
- Directional and well-marked trails
- Emergency access roads
- Maintenance bunkers
- Parking lots
- Well-maintained and in great shape
- Atlas and Log Rhythm offer spicy technical features
- Superb signage and one-way travel
- Fast, flowing trails suitable for all skill levels
- Availability of trailside tools and pumps
Pros and Cons:
- Upside: The trails offer something for everyone—from "beginner-friendly" Black Forest to the more advanced Log Rhythm and Atlas. The flowy design, well-marked paths, and one-way system are significant pluses.
- Downside: There have been reports of trees blocking the trails, so be cautious. Some users reported that the "very easy" rating might be misleading for Log Rhythm, which has more technical features and a long climb.
- If you're short on time or energy, consider shortening your ride by selecting optional loops.
- The trails are directional, so make sure to pay attention to signage.
- Don't be deterred by a trail's ranking; there's something to be had for riders of all abilities.
Whether you're an XC enthusiast looking to hammer down or a gravity lover eager to catch some air, these trails offer a mix of flow, technicality, and pure, unadulterated fun. The sheer variety and overall maintenance make this a must-ride trail system in Chattanooga. It's a system that begs to be ridden more than once; surely a gem in Tennessee's crown of mountain biking.