In the scenic vicinity of Hailey, Idaho, the Bullion Connector trail serves as the vital connecting route between the Croy Creek trailheads. With a length of 2.4 miles and a level marked as 'Difficult,' this trail offers a combination of moderate to steep climbs, stony patches, and rewarding downhills.
Key Trail Features
Terrain and Technicalities
- Steep Climbs: Bullion Connector starts with a climb that's not for the faint-hearted, offering a test of your pedal power.
- Stony Sections: Characterized by a somewhat stony stretch, this adds an element of technical riding to the trail.
- Downhill Rush: The stony section makes for an adrenaline-pumping downhill when tackled in the reverse direction.
Connectivity and Significance
- Trail Spine: Considered essential for anyone aiming to complete the Croy Creek Trail System in a loop.
- Extended Adventures: Its unique features make it a must-include for longer rides across the Croy Creek trails.
- Distance: 2.4 miles
- Level: Difficult
- Route Type: Network
- Location: Hailey, Idaho
- Full-suspension mountain bike
- Advanced safety gear including elbow and knee pads
- Energy snacks and hydration solutions
- Trail map or GPS device for navigation
- "A little more challenging than the other trails in the system, but absolutely essential."
- "Offers a few spots of exposure and some rocky moto ruts along the ridgeline."
- "Check in with local shops about restoration work, especially due to the 2013 Beaver Creek Fire affecting the area."
How to Get There
The Bullion Connector trail links two trailheads in the Croy Creek Trail System. To reach the first, travel 3.4 miles out of Hailey on Croy Creek Road. The second trailhead is around two miles up Bullion Gulch Road. These starting points provide options for riders who want to plan varied loop rides.
The Bullion Connector isn't just another trail in the Croy Creek Trail System; it's the glue that holds the network together. While it offers a degree of challenge with its steepish, rocky areas, it more than compensates with its crucial role in forming extended loops in the trail system. Whether you're seeking to test your climbing skills or experience a rapid descent, Bullion Connector ensures your ride in the Croy Creek area is as diverse as it is thrilling.