Bearskin Trail: Minocqua's Scenic GetawayNestled amidst the scenic landscapes of Minocqua, Wisconsin, the Bearskin Trail provides a serene, safe, and pleasant outdoor experience for cycling enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. This trail, characterized by its compacted granite surface, offers a blend of beauty and tranquility for its users.
- Distance: 18 mi
- Level: Easy
- Route Type: Out & Back
- City: Minocqua
- State: Wisconsin
Bearskin Trail has been beautifully designed, keeping in mind users of diverse interests and levels:
- Adaptable Surface: The even, compacted granite surface makes the trail easily navigable, serving as a boon for both beginners and seasoned cyclists.
- Shady Route: Most of the trail is flanked by dense trees, providing ample shade and a refreshing ride or walk.
- Varied Users: The trail is popular among joggers, walkers, and cyclists. During winter months, it transforms into a snowmobile track.
- Amenities: At its center lies the South Blue Lake rest area, replete with water facilities, restrooms, picnic tables, and grills.
- Natural Beauty: As cyclists move further south, the trail becomes quieter and more secluded, offering a chance to soak in the untouched beauty of the woods.
- Subtle Challenges: The trail does introduce riders to gentle rolling hills, adding a touch of challenge to an otherwise easy route.
Reaching the trail is a breeze:
- Begin near State Highway 51.
- The north trailhead is located conveniently in Minocqua town.
- For those approaching from the south, the trailhead is close to the intersection of County Highway K and Highway 51 in Oneida County.
What Users Are Saying
Based on user feedback:
- Surface: Many point out that the trail isn't singletrack but rather a gravel multi-use path, smooth enough even for road bikes.
- Views and Amenities: Users have appreciated the beautiful lake views, with some mentioning the proximity to restaurants. The trail also boasts scenic rest spots, eateries, and restrooms along its length.
- Private Trails: It's noteworthy that while some paths lead off from the main trail, they are private trails leading to homes and cabins.
- Trail Etiquette: There have been mentions of occasional disagreements between walkers and bikers. Plus, there's a fee for using the trail.
Bearskin Trail offers a unique combination of convenience, beauty, and functionality. While it may not be the top choice for those seeking technical mountain biking challenges, it certainly promises a rejuvenating experience amidst nature. Whether aiming for a casual ride, a brisk jog, or simply a day out picnicking, Bearskin Trail in Minocqua, Wisconsin, stands out as an ideal destination.