Is the humidity ceamping your vacation? Bike and Roll has plenty of suggestions on how to enjoy the sites of Washington without melting. Walking from site to site is guaranteed to be hot and sticky, but cruising around on a bike is a breeze! In addition to our popular Sites @ Nite tours we can suggest:
1. Starting early – Grab a bike for just two hours, you can cover most of the area and major spots. Maps, helmets and friendly staffers to assist you and get you on your way early.
2. Renting at night – Pick up a bike as late as 8:45PM – we'll provide lights and locks. Return them in the morning or at your leisure during the day.
3. Looking for a cooler riding? Try the canal or Rock Creek Park. Use one of our comfort hybrids or take it up a notch and try out a performance or road model.
4. Wondering which of our day time tours is cooler? Try our 9:30 AM Monuments tour. There are lots of shady stopping points, knowledgeable and entertaining guides and done by lunch time.
5. We are experts at taking advantage of the shade; on very hot days guides take breaks in the shade and are knowledgeable about avoiding long stretches of non-shaded areas.
But don't take our word for it, read some reviews on TripAdvisor from customer's who've taken our tours this summer:
"We visited DC in the hottest week of the year! The temps were over 100 every day of our visit. Because our feet and legs were so sore from walking everywhere and it was so miserably hot, we almost cancelled our bike ride. That would have been a huge mistake...The nice breeze from riding felt like heaven." - BJGtravelBug (July 2011)
"The guides are young, friendly and very knowledgeable -- telling interesting, little known stories about each site. There is plenty of time for photos -- the pace is easy and relaxing. Both times we have taken the tour at night when it is cooler and the monuments are lit. I highly recommend this tour for young and old alike." - Mammak100 (July 2011)